Trinity River Train Excursion
The Stockyards Trinity River Excursion is a 45-minute train excursion that departs from the Historic Stockyards Station in Fort Worth. The excursion crosses the West Fork of the Trinity River, passes Montgomery Plaza, and travels through Trinity Park before returning to the Stockyards. This excursion is perfect for families with small children or those who just want to get the experience of riding on a train.
While on board, enjoy the Great Grapevine Train Heist! Deputy Maverick needs your help to guard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. Be sure to keep an eye out for any mischievous train robbers like Mustang Jones, who just might be up to no good.
Grapevine Vintage Railroad operates on tracks it shares with both commuter trains and freight trains. There will be times when our train is required to stop and wait for another train to cross in front of us or pass alongside us. While all railroads communicate their schedules with each other unexpected issues with freight trains may cause unavoidable delays.
This ride originates in the Fort Worth Stockyards. The Stockyard ticket office is located inside Stockyards Station near the center of the main building by the train tracks.
- Check-in: Fort Worth Stockyards Station 90 minutes prior to departure
- Fort Worth Stockyard Station is located at 140 E. Exchange Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76164
- The ticket booth opens at 1 p.m. on operating days, and tickets are sold until 2:50 p.m. (approximately 10 minutes before the train departs)
- Departs: 3 p.m. (approximate)
- Stockyards arrival: 3:45 p.m. (approximate)
- Please note that passengers do not de-board the train during the ride. The train will reverse direction on the tracks to return to the Stockyards
- This excursion does not travel to Grapevine
- Coaches and seats are assigned in advance. If you have a group (with separate reservations) that wishes to be seated together, please call us at 817.410.3185
$12 - All ages
The Grapevine Vintage Railroad offers four First Class coaches to enjoy during your next visit. These coaches have Victorian-upholstered seats, complete with turn of the century ambiance and are fully climate-controlled for year round passenger comfort. It's the perfect ticket for anyone looking for an elevated experience no matter when you decide to visit.
$11 - All ages
The Touring Class is another option for guests who will enjoy the floor to ceiling views as you travel through one of the many communities that make up Tarrant County. These historic coaches come complete with padded seating and year round climate-control for passenger comfort throughout the year. It's the perfect family outing or a special night out with friends!
$10 - All ages
The Economy Class a true turn of the century railroad experience that features open-air travel along the rails. Guests will enjoy the open-air concept during the warmer months and will welcome the comfort when the windows of the coaches close during the colder seasons.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Due to federal regulations, children 13 months and older require a ticket and their own seat. Children 12 months and younger may ride for free, however they must ride in the lap or arms of a parent or guardian. For safety reasons children may not ride in a car seat or stroller while the train is in motion.
The Grapevine Vintage Railroad does not offer refunds or compensation due to delays. On rare occasions, delays can be an hour or longer. Refunds will be given due to cancellation. We appreciate all of our guests and look forward to serving you the next time you visit us in Grapevine, Texas.